Thursday 20 November 2008

Goodbye my Bump

Sadly little bump didn't survive.

The Algerian and I spent 6 hours at hospital, in the acute gynaecological clinic. After a few days of pain I had guessed it would not be a positive outcome. His response the previous night to my baby news was joy. His response to my miscarriage was that I clearly had not wanted the baby enough and god had heard.

On the morning of the hospital appointment, I awoke dreading a life imagined with the man from Algeria and our bump. My wonderful ideas of raising a child had slowly turned into a life trapped in a loveless relationship. Maybe god had heard me and misinterpreted.

The man from Algeria wants to try for another baby immediately. I want to run 500 miles in the opposite direction. I think this was a wake up call - don't be naive about the repercussions of sex with an ex. Choose your life carefully. Although as Lennon (and Annabel) said - life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.

The only solution is to go out and get totally wankered ("alcohol -the solution and cause of all life's problems" homer). I now have to ring around everyone and disperse the sad news. This is why people wait for the 12 week scan!

I hope you are safe in heaven little bump.

No comments: